Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Summer days


Our ward talks alot about food storage and we had a lesson on Sunday about Provident living. One thing my mom taught us was how to make fruit leather. That is my fruit contribution to my food storage. I am grateful to live in Arizona and have the sun at my disposal. Take your fruit (apricot is what is shown), place it in your blender with a couple tsp of honey and blend up. My friend told me yesterday she uses applesauce intstead of honey and it comes out softer so i am going to try that next. Pour out on thick black plastic. I found this at home depot in the paint dept. in a big roll (3.5 ml thick). If you can get it out side by 9:00 am you can take it off about 3:00 or 4:00 pm. I have been mixing up flavors like peach/plum, strawberry/banana, nectarine/grape. My neigbor made strawberry/blueberry/banana, apricot/strawberry. When they are dry, just roll them up and roll them in saran wrap and keep in a ziploc bag.

1 comment:

  1. I'm bummed I missed doing this with you. I had been out of town, and then Bruce was gone. I will have to try it on my own and see how I do.

    ReplyDelete