Friday, May 1, 2009

Strawberry Jam Fever

Last week I noticed strawberries we on sale 4pds for $1.50 and we all know that means time to make jam. I had neighbors and friends come over on thurs, fri and monday so I could share what jam making knowledge I have. I had one gal ask where I learned and I simple said my mom. I remember every year she made jam. My hometown has the most mouth watering strawberries!! The funny thing is I never learned how while I lived at home, it wasn't until I got married that I decided it was time to learn. Same with sewing. My mom sewed for us all the time but I didn't really learn until after I moved out, crazy how that works huh! Anyway I was able to get my years supply of jam done and I also froze some to make fruit leather in June. That is another thing I remember and eventually learned how to do is make fruit leather outside. We used to eat it right off the table when it was still warm!! Now that I live in Arizona it is the perfect weather to make it!! I will post pictures is June.

No comments:

Post a Comment