Well the fourth came and went. The one thing I can say that I don't like in Arizona is the lack of fireworks. Not the big shows that are put on by the cities but the stands where you buy them and light them yourselves. I grew up with that. My dad would take us and float down the river and then we would come home have a big meal with friends, family or neighbors and then have a big fireworks show and I miss that for me and my kids. We usually go to California for the 4th just so my kids can have that experience of lighting fireworks. This year we stayed here and I have to admit I did not feel like having a party but when it was time for bed I regretted not having any kind of celebration for our country!! Darin got to have Friday off so we did go to the movies and see Ice Age 3D it was very cool and the boys got to assemble some star wars models that Darin found. They had a great time. So I guess we will have to start new traditions for the 4th (except when we travel to california)
The best 4th of July's that I ever experienced were when we lived in New Mexico. The city would do a great show but we would also have the best time letting off our own fireworks. It was awesome.
ReplyDeleteI like new mexico! We lived there for 2 years. Darins company rebuilt the BIG I
ReplyDelete